Much More Than Just Sear Marks - PK300 Grill Grates and Tool
PK300 Grill Grates and Tool are something you might think you'll never need, until you use them!
This set of Grill Grates for the new PK300 and PK Aaron Frankin edition, consists of 4 interlocking panels that sit on top of your PK cooking grid. Those panels help create a highly heat-conductive cooking surface. Also, their unique pattern has many benefits:
- Excellent airflow properties, that slow the airflow through the PK. Hence, they control grilling across the whole surface.
- The magic is in the raised rails which rapidly transfer heat upward to cook foods fast and evenly.
- Raised bars to give your steak, burgers or chicken that perfect sear mark.
- The shape of rails eliminates flare up's as they prevent some of the fat from the meat rendering right onto the flames
- They are also hinged to allow easy access to the fire for fuel top-ups.
- PK300 Grill Grates and Tool are made of hard-anodized aluminium, which conducts heat more efficiently than cast iron or stainless steel.
These grates also fit the PK 360, as they are designed for the smaller PK300
- Grill grates meat flipper tool included in all ''Full set + tool'' packs
Half set available on request.
We recommend the grill badger cleaning brush (here) for cleaning.
Just want to become a steak boss?
We now split the grates down to half packs, meaning you can cover half your PK leaving the other half free for direct flame grilling.
You can purchase the tool with this or just the grill grates.
Watch the professional Malcolm Reed show you how to cook a steak SCA style!
grillgrates perfectly cover the entire grill surface of my PK300, they slot together with ease and give AMAZING char lines. tool hand seems oddly long, but I'll get used to it :)
Not my first charcoal bbq by any stretch. I wanted something high quality and long lasting. Did my research and the PK range stood out. Massively popular stateside.
Not cheap, but Stunning quality nonetheless. Surprisingly compact when you stand back to look, but actual cooking area is more than adequate.( Bit of a Tardis in that sense.) Everything is solid and chunky. Thick rubber wheels. Heavy grade stainless steel grates. Huge clamshell castings. Very impressive.
I bought the accessory grates with the BBQ. I’m guessing these grates are Laser cut as the edges are razor sharp. (Cut my finger opening the box. The. ‘sharps’ warning was inside the box.) I should have worn gloves regardless. Won’t happen again.
There are dozens of PK specific videos on YouTube. Many demonstrating temperature control for slow cooking, which is what I will be doing mostly. Not used yet, waiting for weather to change.