Tip Top Temp
The Ultimate Heat Control Gadget For Your BBQ
We've seen some gadgets in our time, but in terms of functionality for cost this beats them all.
We're pleased to announce we're the official European distributor of the famous Tip Top Temp!
This little gadget is a complete temperature and air controller for your BBQ or smoker, compatible with many different makes and models, including all Weber kettles and other kettles that have a top vent, plus all weber smokey mountains, ceramic grills, Pro Q's and Bullet Smokers.
It works by regulating the air getting to your coals all via the top vent, while your bottom vents are closed off.
You simply set the dial to what temperature you want your BBQ to cook at, based on the chart provided, this chart takes into account ambient temperature and the spring coiled on top contracts and expands depending on the hot air from the coals, this then open or closes the vent to regulate your temperature within 5-10 degrees, don't believe us, check out this video below:
Things we found during testing that might be useful:
- Our weber had a cool touch plastic handle on the vent, this pulled off so the TTT could fit
- Pull the rubber gasket away from the TTT by about a third to create a nice connection, it won't suck on, but will stay in contact quite well as it heats.
- Crack the bottom vents a touch, gets you nice clean air in and the TTT regulates the air out, use the sheet as a guide and allow 20 mins for vents adjustments to take effect.
- The fuel dome makes a great charcoal basket for indirect cooking, light the top coals and let it burn down through the cook (minion method)
- This will make your Weber flow slower, much like a kamado, so the same methods apply when it comes to wood chunks, keep them small! if anything layer chips through your coals, for a milder clean smoke.
- We have various retaining clips now listed for the TTT, pick the one best for your cooker, if you're unsure please message us.
Other things that pair well with this are:
- BBQ Fuel Dome, this acts like a fire basket, you then use the minion method (lit coals on top) for slow cooks
- Fireblack gasket tape
- Smoking wood Chips or Chunks
- Cajun Bandit WSM upgrades
This item on it's own can ship via our Royal Mail small parcel rate.