This is Surfy's Cure #1 - Prague Powder #1 or Instacure #1. A mixture of kosher sea salt (93.75%) and Sodium Nitrite (6.25%) with NO anti-caking agents. Often referred to as PINK salt it should NOT be confused with Himalayan salt. Our Prague powders contain NO anti-caking agents.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
Important Notes for Surfy's Cure #1 - Prague Powder #1:
- Use this cure only to make cured meats that you will cook after curing, i.e. bacon, ham, cured fresh sausage, etc.
- Weighing this cure accurately is a MUST (Scales measuring 0.1g recommended)
- Use it according to any recipe that specifies Cure #1 or Prague Powder Number One.
- Usually 2.5g per KG of meat in a dry cure, or 7.5g per liter in a brine.
Prague Powder is a safe and effective curing agent if used correctly, however, it is a CONCENTRATED curing salt and MUST be mixed with additional salt.
- We recommend our Pre-mixed Curing Salt for beginners or if you do not have accurate scales.
- Please Note, NO recipes are provided with this product.
- ALLERGENS: None
- If you have any doubts about using this product, then contact us before proceeding with your recipe.
Need more than one bag?? Use the discount code SALTS and get 20% off
CLICK HERE FOR THE FREE SURFYS CURING GUIDE